CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

GSP Greasing it up - Cheater?

In the latest Mixed Martial Arts news, Our beloved Canadian boy GSP, is being accused of "greasing up" for his most recent fight against BJ Penn. Give me a break, this isn't John Travolta's hit movie Grease Lightning, this is GSP.

Funny how all MMA fighters start complaining only once fight results don't favor them.

Amongst the list of Fighters blaming GSP for putting Vaseline on his back: Sean Sherk, Jason 'Mayhem' Miller, and BJ Penn.

Maybe GSP perspirates heavily in the guard? that could be a reason for the slippage even though Miller has inadvertently referred to GSP as a cheater.

"While locked in my tight guard, I noticed that I was having trouble keeping my opponents head down. I practiced shirtless with my training partners, and never had this much trouble keeping a guy from punching me. Was this guy uber strong or something? Not exactly.
My opponent, now up two rounds, was coated in vaseline! Greasy Bastard, I thought."

Dana White was ticked off after seeing GSP's corner man rubbing Vaseline on his back between rounds and does not hold GSP at fault. A few times during rubber guard, Penn was trying to use his flexibility to perform a triangle and you could see his feet continuously slipping down after every attempt.

While fan's will be blinded by their loyalty and devotion to George St. Pierre's octagon superhero appeal, mixed martial arts hardcorists understand the pain opponents feel losing to what they believe, is a cheater.

Penn's camp has officialy filed a complaint, and the case remains under review.

0 comments: